The Water Security Agency has issued Precautionary Drinking Water Advisory (PDWA) notices to all residents and users of the public water supply in the Village of Climax. The Village of Climax advisory is in effective at 8:00am on Wednesday, October 18 and is due to a water main replacement causing a depressurized system.
The PDWA in the Village of Climax will remain in effect until the safety of the water systems can be ensured at all times. This will include power being restored, stable chlorine/turbidity levels, and bacteriological sample tests that show negative results for bacterial growth in the final treated potable water being supplied.
Updates on PDWA’s:
- Frontier was rescinded on Oct. 25, 2017 at 3:30pm.
- Sceptre was rescinded on Oct. 26, 2017 at 3:00pm.
- Areas in Leader have been rescinded on Oct. 26, 2017 at 3:00pm.
- Richmound was rescinded on Oct. 26, 2017 at 3:30pm.
Communities under a PDWA should:
- boil all water, used for drinking purposes, for at least one minute, at a rolling boil, prior to use
- boil water to be used for other activities where it may be ingested including brushing teeth, soaking false teeth, washing fruits/vegetables, food/drink which will not be subsequently heated, and ice cubes
- not use the water for washing dishes unless the water has been boiled or the dishes sanitized in another fashion. Washed dishes and utensils can be soaked in a bleach water solution (2 tbsp bleach per gallon of water) for at least two minutes after being washed to kill any bacteria
- not drink from any public drinking fountains supplied with water from the public water supply
- ensure that younger children and infants are sponge bathed
- use an alternative water source known to be safe if they do not wish to boil the water and
- consult with your physician if you have cuts or rashes that are severe before using the water
Under most circumstances, there is no need to boil water used for other household purposes. Adults, adolescents, and older children may shower, bathe, or wash using tap water but should avoid swallowing the water. Laundry may be washed in tap water, either by hand or by machine.
For more information please contact the Water Security Agency at 306-778-8685.