The Meadows – Swift Current Long Term Care Project
The Meadows is a beautiful, award winning 225 bed long-term care facility in Swift Current. The complex boasts more than 225,000 square feet of space built on a 15 acre parcel of land. The facility connects to the Cypress Regional Hospital, allowing for efficient transfer of patients, residents, staff, supplies, and others through a connecting linkage.
Featuring 21 ten bed houses and 1 fifteen bed hospice/palliative care house, the facility is built to introduce a home-like environment when compared to traditional institutional-styled facilities. Each individual house features its own fully functioning kitchen and dining room areas where residents will enjoy freshly cooked meals. All houses feature their own front entrances and have connecting, secured patio areas for residents to enjoy fresh air.
Each of the facility’s resident rooms are private and include their own bathroom with shower, a ceiling lift, exterior windows that can be opened from a seated position, and a Kanban storage system that will allow staff to stock each room’s supplies from the opposite side without having to physically enter a room. Resident rooms feature a memory box where small display items that are near and dear to a resident’s heart can be proudly displayed. Beautiful spa rooms have been positioned throughout The Meadows, with one spa shared per every two houses.
The facility has its own separate Adult Day Program location, zen room, and a large Community Centre for resident activities, family gatherings, and other important events.
The Province of Saskatchewan and the Cypress Health Region completed construction of The Meadows using a design-build-finance-maintain public-private partnership (P3) procurement model, the first of its kind in Saskatchewan. Construction concluded on April 30, 2016.
Transition and Move-In Plans
The transition and move-in of residents and staff into this beautiful new facility has concluded. The facility is now fully operational.
The Meadows received its name on April 13, 2016 via motion at a Cypress Regional Health Authority (RHA) Meeting. The Meadows was unanimously selected by the Cypress RHA Board because of its tranquil, comfortable connotation. The name also closely represents the facility’s geographical location near the Swift Current Creek and surrounding valley areas of southwest Saskatchewan. The Meadows is void of reference to a particular community to represent inclusivity of the entire Cypress Health Region.
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships (CCPPP) National Award for Innovation and Excellence in P3s – November 8, 2016
- Premier’s Award for Excellence in the Public Service – November 17, 2016
2215 Woodrow Lloyd Place
Swift Current, SK S9H 5R2
- The initial announcement of this facility was made on July 3, 2013.
- On July 17, 2014 it was announced that Plenary Group was selected as the partner to build the new facility.
- The sod turning ceremony was held on September 18, 2014.
- Site construction camera and animation video were launched on December 12, 2014, offering unique interactive ways to view construction progress and the facility’s design. You may view these further down this page.
- Move-in and transition plans were announced on April 12, 2016.
- Cypress Health receives the keys to the facility on May 2, 2016.
- Construction completion event held June 3, 2016.
- Residents of the Prairie Pioneers Lodge plus additional residents from the Swift Current Care Centre and Palliser Regional Care Centre moved in on June 5, 2016. Residents of the Swift Current Care Centre moved on August 7, 2016 and the Palliser Regional Care Centre completed its move, the third and final phase of the transition plan, on September 18, 2016.
- SaskBuilds – Swift Current Long Term Care Project
- Swift Current Long Term Care Request for Qualifications (SaskBuilds)