Prairie Health Care Centre
517 1st Street North
Cabri, SK S0N 0J0
Hours of Lab Services: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm
Beds: 17 long term care, 4 multipurpose
Primary Health Care site approved for Cabri update
May 10, 2018
Cabri and area residents will soon have improved access to quality, everyday health services including a broader team of health professionals. The enhancements are a result of adopting a Primary Health Care (PHC) model in the community that includes a Nurse Practitioner and visiting physician services.
“Our government is pleased to support enhanced, sustainable primary health care services for Cabri and the surrounding area,” said Minister Responsible for Rural and Remote Health Greg Ottenbreit. “I congratulate the Saskatchewan Health Authority, the Town of Cabri and the nearby municipalities on their forward thinking approach that will benefit residents into the future.”
For the complete details please see the news release on Primary Health Care site approved for Cabri.
Current Health Centre Hours:
The Health Centre will be open on days visiting/locum physician services are secured. For the most up-to-date schedule of hours for the Prairie Health Care Centre disruption page.
In June Dr. Fanie de Nysschen provided the Cypress Health Region with written notice of his intent to retire on July 31, 2017. Since that time work has taken place to recruit a replacement physician and develop contingency plans for the residents of Cabri and surrounding areas.
- Read more about Dr. Fanie de Nysschen’s retirement here.
- Read the memo from the Cypress Health Region that was distributed to residents of Cabri and surrounding areas in mid-July with details on contingency plans.
- Read the memo about the proposed Primary Health Care model for Cabri.
- Read to learn more about the role of Nurse Practitioners in Primary Health Care.
- Review the PowerPoint presentation about Primary Health Care.
- Read the news release on Primary Health Care site approved for Cabri.
- Outpatient Procedures
- Mental Health
- Public Health Nurse
- Home Care
- Program Beds
- Speech Language Pathology
- Long Term Care
*Some services are visiting specialists that may not be offered every day. Please contact the facility for complete information on service availability.