Other phone numbers:
- Therapies – 306-662-3181
- Public Health – 306-662-5336
- Mental Health – 1-866-786-2510
- Home Care – 306-662-5333
UPDATED: Wednesday, May 14th @ 3:00 pm
Through the large efforts of many, the Primary Health Care Clinic and acute care services in the community of Maple Creek are returning to operation.
- Physician and Nurse Practitioner clinic appointments resumed in the morning of May 14th, from the former Royal Bank building at 202 Maple Street.
- Emergency outpatient services will resume at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, May 14th and will be available at the former TransGas building at 728 Pacific Avenue. This service will be available 24 hours per day and will be provided by nursing staff and physicians.
- If you are faced with a medical emergency, dial 9-1-1 and an ambulance will be immediately dispatched to assist you.
The staff of Maple Creek and the Cypress Health Region are very appreciative of the public’s understanding and patience during this transition period.
UPDATED: Tuesday, May 13th @ 10:30 am
RE-LOCATION OF SERVICES STARTING TODAY
Over the past four days, the staff from Maple Creek and the Cypress Health Region has been very busy preparing for a relocation of programs and services that were offered from the Hospital building. Alternate locations have been found for the majority of programs and services to be available for the public to access.
The following locations will be used to provide programs and services until further notice:
TRANS GAS BUILDING – 728 Pacific Avenue, Maple Creek
It is anticipated that the following services will be available at this location, as of Wednesday, May 14th @ 7:00 pm:
- Emergency Outpatient Services (24 hours per day) – nursing staff will be based at this location
- Ambulatory Care, Lab and X-ray, Observation Beds
- Ambulance Services – ambulance and staff will be based at this location
OLD ROYAL BANK BUILDING – 202 Maple Street, Maple Creek
- Primary Health Care Clinic (physicians, nurse practitioners) will be available at this location
- Patients will be seen on a walk-in basis as of 1:00 pm Tuesday, May 13th.
- It is anticipated that regular appointments will be back to normal as of Wednesday, May 14th
CYPRESS LODGE NURSING HOME – Highway #21 South, Maple Creek
- Home Care – will be available in the front offices, just inside the main entrance
- Public Health Nursing – will be available in the South Solarium area; please use main entrance and follow the signage.
- Therapies – will be available in the South Wing, please use main entrance and follow the signage.
- Community Health (ex. mental health, addictions, dietitian, etc.) – your health provider will provide you with details on a location to meet with you; a more permanent location is being determined.
Please watch for further updates as the situation is being revised and enhanced on a regular basis. As well, the Town of Maple Creek’s Tourism Facebook page and other community Facebook pages will be receiving all updates and will be posting them for their followers to view and pass along to others.
The Cypress Health Region and Maple Creek staff appreciates your understanding and patience during this time of transition. Many efforts are being made to provide as many of the programs and services as possible within the challenges of the current situation.
Updated: Friday, May 9, 2014 @ 1:25pm
The Maple Creek Hospital is closed.
The following services are currently unavailable: emergency outpatient services, lab/xray, inpatient admissions, home care, public health, community health, and therapies. In addition, some appointments at the Primary Health Care Clinic and community health-based programming have been post-poned. Those whose appointments have been affected by these post-ponements have been contacted directly.
The region is currently working on contingency plans for health services in the community. Current efforts have resulted in the following tentative plan:
Primary Health Care
The old Royal Bank building, at the corner of Maple Street and 1st Avenue, is being modified to be the temporary home of Primary Health Care services. Health region staff are working hard to prepare this location to accommodate primary care services. It is anticipated that the Clinic will resume operations on Tuesday, May 13. Appointments can be made by calling 306-662-2829.
Emergency Outpatient Services/Lab/X-ray
The TransGas building, located at the corner of Pacific Avenue and Harder Street, will become the temporary location of outpatient emergency services, lab services, and limited diagnostic imaging services (via portable x-ray machine). It is anticipated that these services will become available during the middle of the week of May 12-16. Staff are also working at this location to prepare it to be the temporary home of these services.
Ambulance services have not been disrupted as a result of these contingency plans.
Public Health/Community Health/Therapies/Home Care
Public Health services, Community Health services, Therapy services, and Home Care will be stationed at the Cypress Lodge Nursing Home effective Monday, March 12.
As is always the case, if you are facing a medical emergency, please dial 9-1-1 and an ambulance will be immediately dispatched to assist you. The nearest acute facility emergency outpatient services are located at Shaunavon, Leader, Swift Current, and Medicine Hat (Alberta).
Updates will continue to be provided to this webpage on a regular basis. Please check back often. The Maple Creek staff members and health region appreciate the public’s understanding during this situation.