The Cypress Health Region’s Medical Health Officer provides services in the following areas:
• Emphasis on disease prevention; epidemiological and clinical input into programs targeted towards reducing morbidity and premature mortality and improving health.
Communicable Disease Control
• Under the Public Health Act, maintaining and monitoring the ongoing regional surveillance system and acting to control and prevent diseases.
Compliance With Regulations Concerning Environmental Health Issues
• Food, water, and sanitation regulation.
• Spokesperson for the health region by responding to inquiries about issues affecting health.
• Routine: Responding to queries and public health problems on a day to day basis.
• Special Situations: Outbreaks and epidemics.
Community Health Planning
•Needs assessment, program evaluation, and design of services.