The Cypress Health Regions Home Care Services have a mission to provide a holistic care approach to clients and caregivers in the home environment in order to maintain optimal quality of life and independence.
Its vision is to develop and sustain an integrated multidisciplinary home care service that attempts to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs of all individuals and groups we serve and which is appropriate, timely, affordable, flexible, accountable, accessible and continually strives for excellence.
General Information regarding Home Care:
- Personal care services are a priority
- Cancellation or rescheduling of service occurs occasionally for a variety of reasons (i.e. inclement weather, statutory holidays, emergencies)
- Scheduled Home Care Aide arrival times are flexible to allow for travel time, weather, etc.; therefore, actual time spent in the home may be less than stated by the Case Manager
- Clients and families are responsible to hire private services for house cleaning
We believe in maintenance of a client-centred approach, where clients have their independence. We believe clients should attain the optimum quality of life and we offer holistic support for the caregivers. We use the integration of all available resources and are responsible for the utilization of these resources. All services we offer are held to the highest confidentiality.
If you, your family or friends feel that these services would be of benefit, contact the Home Care Office in your area and request an assessment. If you prefer, a relative or friend can phone on your behalf.
Cabri – 306-587-2921
Eastend/Southline – 306-295-3834
Gull Lake – 306-672-4707
Herbert – 306-784-2466
Hodgeville – 306-677-2292
Leader – 306-628-3164
Mankota – 306-478-2339
Maple Creek – 306-662-5333
Ponteix – 306-625-5103
Shaunavon – 306-297-1989
Swift Current – 306-778-9531
Vanguard – 306-582-2044
Home Care Services Offered
Upon receiving a request for services, a Case Manager will complete an assessment to identify specific individual care needs. From the assessment, a personalized care plan will be developed and implemented to provide ongoing monitoring of care for each client. A Case Manager can also provide applications for Program Beds, Day Programs, Respite Care and Long Term Care.
Personal care is provided by trained Home Care Aides and includes bathing, grooming, as well as foot and nail care. It can also include assistance with dressing/undressing and medication management.
***There is a charge for this service
Nursing is available as part of the Cypress Health Region Home Care Program and is provided by Registered Nurses. Focusing on family-centred health care, nursing teaches self-care to clients and their families while some special treatments are offered if prescribed by the client’s physician.
*** No charge to the client for services; however, a fee is charged for certain nursing supplies
Following an initial assessment, physical therapy may be provided by a Physical Therapist and includes ongoing assessment of functioning. Preventative and maintenance therapy programs are taught to the client, as well as their family and care providers. Individual needs are assessed and rehabilitation equipment is ordered as required.
*** No charge to the client
If an individual is unable to get out of their home or prepare their own meals, meal preparation can be provided by trained Home Care Aides. It will only be approved if specific criteria is met.
*** There is a charge for this service
Meals On Wheels
The Cypress Health Region Meals on Wheels program provides nutritionally balanced meals delivered to clients’ homes. These meals are prepared at Cypress Health Region facilities and are delivered by community volunteers.
*** There is a charge for this service
Wellness Program/Health Counselling
The Wellness Program/Health Councelling assesses your health and wellness while also promoting and encouraging adults to take steps to determine and meet their own health needs. Staffed by Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses, this service provides education opportunities to promote healthy lifestyles to help you cope with changes that come with aging and to learn to live with chronic conditions that are often a part of life. Advanced foot care is aslo available for a $5 charge.
Goals & Objectives
- To promote adult independence through encouragement to take an active and responsible role in maintaining health and well-being
- To promote and encourage adults to take steps to determine and meet their own health care needs
- To identify individuals who have potential health problems and refer them to appropriate professionals for further action/assistance
- To establish a resource system and provide wellness teaching and healthy lifestyles education
The nurse at the Wellness Program is a facilitator. She is there to listen to you and:
- Assess your health and wellness
- Offer information and advice on day-to-day living
- Counsel on diet, exercise, stress and medications
- Make concrete suggestions on self-care
- Act as a liaison with other health care providers
- Take your blood pressure
- Instill confidence in your abilities
- Answer questions you may have about health
- Provide advanced nursing foot care as needed
- Demonstrate concern about you as a “whole” person
- Organize group education sessions
Bereavement Support Group
- To provide a comfortable, supportive environment where grieving individuals may interact and participate
- To provide a greater understanding of what is involved in the process of moving through grief
- To recognize the many normal ways that grief may be expressed and experienced by individuals and families
- To encourage strength to live with the loss
- To provide additional professional support and guidance in dealing with difficulties of personal concern or special interest
The program addresses issues such as
- Phases of Grief
- Grief Reactions
- Grief Management
- Dealing with Fear, Anger & Guilt
- Coping Mechanisms & Strategies
- The Art of Living Again
- Coping with Holidays & Special Family Days