- Chronic musculoskeletal pain (such as chronic neck, shoulder, or back pain)
- Severe muscular pain due to conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Chronic headache
- Post-surgical pain that lasts more than 6 months
- Neuropathic pain (often caused by trauma)
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Whiplash injuries
The LiveWell with Chronic Pain program helps individuals build confidence to manage and cope with chronic pain and to give/receive support from others who are experiencing similar health problems. The emphasis is on developing new skills and abilities for self-managing your condition.
Some of the self-management tools in the program include:
- Symptom management
- Communication skills
- Appropriate use of medications
- Pacing activity and rest
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Action planning
- Moving Easy Program
The LiveWell with Chronic Pain program was developed at Stanford University. Canadian research confirms that it is making a real difference in the lives of participants.
Two trained peer leaders meet with groups of up to 12 participants for 2 to 2.5 hours once a week for six consecutive weeks. Classes are fun as well as practical. There is no cost for the program.
Each participant receives a free copy of the companion book, Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain, and the Moving Easy Program CD.
- September 19 to October 24, 2018, Wednesdays from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
To register for an upcoming workshop or for more information on LiveWell with Chronic Pain, please call 306-778-5445, toll-free at 1-877-401-8071, or email email@example.com.