Patient Family Centered Care (PFCC) is a journey that builds mutual relationships and partnerships with patients and their family members that supports building a culture to one where patients and their families feel welcomed, respected, heard, and supported. It is opportunity to learn from the patients/family members to continually improve while providing respectful care that responds to the needs of the patients and their family members.
The role of Patient Family Centred Care representatives is to:
- Provide a community, family, and/or patient perspective to service delivery
- Provide ideas and suggestions to improve the patient experience through all service areas or departments
- Provide opinions on potential service changes and improvement ideas
- Support the Cypress Health Region in their continuous effort to hear the voice of our community members and improve the patient experience and overall satisfaction with health services; and,
- Assist the region in its efforts to improve health system transparency and accountability to patients and the public by communicating service improvements to the public, and bringing public concerns forward to the committee for consideration.
For more information on Patient Family Centred Care please call 306.778.5115.
Patient Family Centred Care presentation panel presentations, October 26, 2015